DR. ELLERIE NAGY
Hi, you can call me Dr. Ellerie! I am a licensed Naturopathic Doctor back in SLO to join the team at East West Natural Medicine. After graduating from CalPoly in 2008, I left San Luis Obispo to pursue a career in Biomedical Engineering (BME). During my short stint as a BME, I felt like there was a different way that medicine could help the healing process, one that was less about suppressing symptoms and more about addressing root causes and lifestyle changes. I went back to school in Portland Oregon to earn degrees in Naturopathic and Chinese Medicine.
Naturopathic medicine changed my entire perspective of the intrinsic power of the body to heal, given the right conditions. I personally discovered the power of naturopathic medicine when I discovered my root causes for acne and eczema. It felt like a miracle when my skin cleared and stayed clear. My favorite part of my job is educating patients on how their body works and empowering them to control their health.
I enjoy treating a wide variety of adult and senior patients (sorry no kiddos). I work with sensitive patients and patients with a history of trauma to find the most gentle, yet effective modes of treatment.
Having studied general medicine and holistic skincare, I treat a wide variety of ailments including but not limited to acne, eczema, scar reduction, fatigue, stress, mood disturbances, insomnia, digestion, pain, and more.
While I am a licensed acupuncturist in the state of Oregon, my California Acupuncture license is still pending and I am only practicing Naturopathic Medicine at this time.
Common therapies include:
- Clinical Nutrition
- Western and Chinese Herbs
- Facial Massage, Gua Sha & Cupping
- Holistic Skincare
- Bodywork including Myofascial Release, Sotai, Shiatsu, and QiGong Tuina
My education includes:
- Bachelors of Science General Engineering with a focus on Biomedical Engineering, California Polytechnic State University 2008
- Masters of Science General Engineering with a focus on Biomedical Engineering, California Polytechnic State University 2008
- Naturopathic Doctorate, The National University of Natural Medicine
- Masters in Science of Oriental Medicine, The National University of Natural Medicine
Year+ long mentorships:
- Eastern Herbalism and Qigong with Heiner Fruehauf
- Western herbalism with Amy Johnson and Glen Nagel
- Two year mentorship in Japanese Acupuncture and moxabustion with Bob Quinn
- Gastroenterology with Dr. Steven Sandberg Lewis
- Homeopathy with the New England School of Homeopathy (NESH)
- Holistic Skincare Formulating with Rachael Pontillo